Monday, February 13, 2012

Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins


Happy Valentines Day! I thought today's post would be something pretty and pink, so I present to you these beautiful and delicious raspberry buttermilk muffins. The morning I made these, I scarfed down three two of these babies, and let me tell you: O.M.G. they were good. The barely sweet batter and tart berries work harmoniously together to create this wonderfully cake-y/biscuit-y muffin. Show the person you love how much you care by making them some of these for breakfast!

Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
Adapted from Food.com

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
1 egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk*
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400˚F. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using your hands or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full, and bake for 20 minutes or until browned.

*If you don't have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own sour milk. Simply combine 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar, and let it sit for 5 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. If I wasn't on weight watchers I soooo eat this.
    Love you girly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...well that's too bad! I do have some posts coming up that are super healthy! :) Love you too!

      Delete

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...