Friday, May 9, 2014

My Favorite Banana Bread


This is my absolute favorite banana bread recipe. I discovered it about four years ago (I've been holding out on you!), when I was staying with my host in Kalamazoo, MI. At the time, we both had subscriptions to Cooking Light Magazine, and the October 2010 issue was all about banana bread. Obviously, this was a life changing issue.

You can't go wrong with this bread. Once, I accidentally forgot to add the butter...still delicious. Another time I didn't have yogurt and used applesauce instead…amazing! It's a no fail recipe that comes out moist and chewy every single time! 

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
1/3 cup plain yogurt
5 tablespoons butter melted
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon allspice
Cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add sugars and beat until combined.

Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flour and remaining ingredients. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, beat until just combined. Pour batter in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.

Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan and cool completely.

Recipe source: adapted from Cooking Light: October 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...