Thursday, May 3, 2012

My First Yeast Bread

A few days ago I made my first real yeast bread, and quite frankly, I'm surprised I pulled it off in the easy bake! It was dense and chewy on the inside, and crispy crusty on the outside...perfect for paninis. Speaking of paninis, I totally miss my panini maker/griddler (aka..my most prized and cherished possession other then my flute). I seriously used that thing at least three times a week. I don't really consider myself a materialistic person, but man do I miss my stuff. My panini maker/griddler is on loan to my sister, with the understanding that it must be returned immediately upon my arrival in the states. I'm not even sure she's using it (for shame!). I also miss my beautiful ceramic muffin pan, and I'm pretty stoked about using my new vintage sifter my mom and I found in an antique store during my visit a few months back. Anyways, back to the bread...


This side was obviously facing the back of the easy bake...can you tell?

Other side...major difference.


As you can see, it's not going to win an award anytime soon for the world's prettiest loaf, but I'm very proud of what I made. I'm not providing a recipe just yet, as I would like to make it in a real oven instead of the easy bake before providing my two cents. Mostly, I just wanted to document this, so I can look back and see where I started, and I think this bread is an excellent place for me to begin. I was telling my mom the other day that I want to be able to make all of my bread from scratch. It's cheaper, tastes better, and as I'm already beginning to see, very rewarding.

By the way, mom, if you're reading this, can we make jam this summer? No girl should have to go back to graduate school without homemade jam she made with her mom. xoxo

I wish I had an actual recipe for something I've made recently, but to be honest, I sadly haven't made anything worth documenting. I can't wait to be back cooking in America, where I can actually find ingredients, and not bake in my easy bake.

Hopefully I'll have something worth posting in the next few days, even though we're super busy. Le sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...