Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup

Pumpkin and cinnamon. I think those are my two very favorite fall flavors, and this morning, they came together to create a totally stellar breakfast. When I woke up this morning, my original plan was to attempt a pumpkin spice latte (coming soon!). However, the second that can of pumpkin came open, I changed my mind. I wanted to eat something with pumpkin instead of putting it in my coffee.  The problem though, is that I didn't have maple syrup. Then, it occurred to me that I pinned something on Pinterest a while back about cinnamon syrup, and I was on it. Minutes later, I was scarffing down these beautiful, hearty pancakes, with this incredible syrup. Thankfully the syrup made A LOT, so I'll have some to add to my leftover pancakes, or even ice cream. Doesn't that sound good...mmm.

Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup

Ingredients

Pancakes

3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cinnamon Syrup

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water

Directions

In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. 

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides.

While the pancakes are cooking, prepare the syrup. Stir all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir occasionally until boiling. Let it boil for a few minutes while stirring until it thickens. Remove from heat and drizzle over pancakes. NUM.

Yields 6 large pancakes (I made 9 smaller ones).

Recipe Source: Love to Cook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...