Saturday, December 29, 2012

12 Favorite Recipes of 2012 & The Most Popular Post of the Year!

2013 is almost here! Do you have big plans for New Years eve? Parties perhaps? An evening at home watching the ball drop? I can't believe I have had this little blog for nearly a year now. Time sure does fly by fast! My first post was on New Year's day last year! In the spirit of the new year, I thought it would be fun to post my 12 favorite recipes of 2012, and at the bottom of this post, you'll see what the most popular post of the year was! 

Starting this blog was a great decision. It brings me great joy to take pictures and try new foods, and I learn something new everyday. I am so grateful for anyone who has taken a second to look at my little corner of the web. I have a long way to go, and I hope you stick around for the journey. See you next year!


This was a truly beautiful salad, and was totally different from the norm. Before this salad, I had never had beets or fennel. Needless to say, I greatly enjoyed both, and I can't wait until blood oranges are in season to enjoy this salad again!


I have probably made these cookies about twenty times this year. I am always so happy when I make them, because they turn out perfectly every. single. time. I'm pretty sure they're Chris' favorite as well! :)


A goal I had this year was to learn how to make homemade bread. I did the best I could while I was in China using my "easy bake", and I was still able to produce this beautiful loaf while I was over there. I was able to do it, and you can too! I plan on making this again for St. Patty's day, along with some sort of Irish stew.


It is no secret that I am in love with leeks. These toasts only deepened my love for them. They were so SO creamy and flavorful, and incredibly simple. Oftentimes less is more, and this recipe is a perfect example.


Another perfect example that less is more. This shrimp takes only a few minutes to prepare and is very healthy and flavorful. I am making a promise with myself to eat more fish and less meat this year, so hopefully I can bulk up my seafood section in the recipe index! 


This is hands down my favorite granola. There's not really much else to say, other then don't skip the banana. Make this.


These were the first fritters I ever made, and they definitely stand out in my memory. More fritter recipes are on the horizon for 2013! 


It is no secret that I am a lover of Indian food. I seriously need to amp up the Indian recipes on this blog to reflect that! This dal is definitely a favorite, and is part of my regular rotation. I always have canned tomatoes and lentils on hand for this recipe. It's cheap (great for broke grad students!) and takes about 30 minutes to make, with barely any hands on time. Perfect for a busy week night!


Chocolatey, buttery, and delicious, this was a favorite when I was growing up. Who doesn't love warm gooey chocolate cake!?


I loved these peppers. These would be great for my gluten free pals! (Hey Erin and Katelyn!!) I actually just remembered I still have some filling left in the freezer. Score! 


I loved baked pasta, it's just so comforting and filling! This was simple to prepare and very delicious, perfect for a cold winter day! I know it looks a bit odd in the pics, but as I mentioned in the post, I kind of messed up the second pan. Freeze unbaked!


These are hands down one of the best muffins I've ever had. All the wonderful elements of fall are wrapped up into a handful of deliciousness! These will be repeated many times for sure!

Last but not least, this was the most popular recipe on the blog this year:


I'm not sure if this cookies popularity was because of they're tastiness or lots of pinning on pinterest, but this recipe has had more page views then any other recipe on this blog. Full of caramely goodness, they are also one of my favorites!

Again, thanks for stopping by. See you next year with even more cooking and delicious food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...