Friday, February 15, 2013

Hearty Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Cookies


I know I know...I have been MIA since December, but it was not without reason. I'm having some problems with my neck and arms (the right one especially), so I haven't been doing much of anything these days. Thankfully, Chris has been around to help me, but I found myself alone this week while he's in Colorado. Forced to fend for myself, I decided this week would be about getting back on track with easy healthy food. I've been juicing, and eating lots of hearty salads. I *tried* to eliminate sweets (Valentines Day fail), so this morning I decided to make a compromise with myself, and made cookies...for breakfast! I know right, how exactly is that a compromise? Well, these hearty cookies are full of good things, that's how. Oats, bananas, peanut butter, honey, and the chocolate was a happy for me. I don't usually like having chocolate in breakfast food, though my favorite granola may have forever changed that for me. Actually, these are the cookie form of that granola. Mmm...delicious. Super quick and easy, these cookies make a great snack too! 

Yay for cookies for breakfast!!

Hearty Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients

2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup peanut butter (I used natural, therefore it was less sweet. I think regular may be too sweet for me!)
1/4 cup honey 
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup rice crispies cereal
1/4 cup chocolate chips, or dried fruit, or both!

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F. Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until well incorporated. Line a cookies sheet with parchment or a silpat. Place rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheet, then flatten with a spoon. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe Source: Dine and Dish

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...