Saturday, July 6, 2013

Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries with Sriracha Lime Mayo

Unlike many people, I have zero problem eating my veggies. In fact, I could totally be a vegetarian if it weren't for my love of bacon. Mmm...bacon.

I bought a fair amount of zucchini at Findlay Market about two weeks ago, and still had some that needed to be cooked. I already used some of my loot in pasta, and though I've been wanting to try using it in baked goods, I ultimately just wanted something savory and simple. These fries fit the bill perfectly. They're ultra crisp and the smell of zucchini and Parmesan baking in my oven was absolutely intoxicating. The sriracha lime mayo was also a nice touch, and great for dunking, though I bet ranch would be tasty as well. I urge all of you, veggie lovers and haters, to make these immediately! You'll love them! 

Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries with Sriracha Lime Mayo

Ingredients

Fries
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 lb zucchini (about 1 medium)

Mayo
3 tablespoons mayo
1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha sauce 
1 teaspoon lime juice

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack in the baking sheet.

Add the flour to a resealable plastic bag. Combine the egg and water together in a shallow dish, and beat lightly with a fork. In a second shallow dish, mix together the Panko, Parmesan, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.

Slice the top and bottom off the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half, then continue cutting in half again and again.

Add the zucchini to the resealable bag containing the flour. Shake to coat them evenly. Working with one fry at a time, shake the excess flour off, then dip in the egg mixture and dredge in the Panko mixture, pressing to coat completely. Place the fries on the wire rack. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the coating is golden brown and crisp.

While the fries bake, make the sriracha lime mayo by adding all of the ingredients to a small bowl and stirring to combine. 

Serve the fries with the mayo. These are best served immediately.

Recipe Source: as seen on Tracey's Culinary Adventures, who adapted it from here and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...