Monday, August 18, 2014

Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies

One can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes in their arsenal. I whipped these up last month when my mom and I needed cookies. We were packing for our trip to California/I made her watch The Bachelorette (don't judge), therefore we had to have cookies. A true southern woman, my mom always has pecans on hand, so we of course needed a recipe that included them. I also wanted to experiment a little bit by adding a bit of cornstarch to the recipe. I remember seeing the addition of cornstarch in chocolate chip cookies on Apple a Day (making a mental note now to try her recipe), so I thought I'd add them here too. Since cornstarch is so light, perhaps that's what lifted them, or gave them a more delicate crunch on the outside. Regardless, these cookies were awesome. I'm embarrassed to say, we totally hovered the entire recipe by the next morning on one of our flights. Hey, at least we own it! Soft, chewy, crunchy, nutty…these cookies were amazing! Enjoy! 

P.S. we had a little too much fun with my mom's Mickie and Minnie salt and pepper shakers….or we were just excited about the possibility of going to Disneyland?



Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies

Notes: we like a lot of vanilla in our chocolate chip cookies, so I changed the original amount from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. If that sounds like too much, just stick with the teaspoon.

Ingredients

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla (see note above)
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Directions

Cream butter and sugars together until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.

Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch in a separate bowl and gradually stir into butter/sugar mixture.

Once combined, stir in chocolate chips and pecans.

Spoon dough onto ungreased cookie sheet (or one lined with a Silpat or parchment paper) in 1 tablespoon amounts.

Bake in a 375F oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Makes about 4 dozen cookies (For the record, I think I halved the recipe? I don't think we could've eaten 4 dozen cookies…or could we?).

Recipe source: adapted from Southern Bites

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...