Monday, April 9, 2012

Cilantro Lime Shrimp


I cherish the days I have all to myself. I love my boyfriend, and our roommate is also pretty great, but I also love watching my chick flicks, using said bf's computer, playing my flute in the living room, and eating what I want to eat. I didn't really have any cooking plans, and lost track of time piddling on Chris' computer when I noticed it was already 1:30pm. All of a sudden, I was starving and needed something to eat that was easy and super quick.

It quickly occurred to me that I had a smallish bag of shrimp in the freezer. Chris got really sick off of some shrimp earlier this year and has understandably had a slight aversion to it ever since. Sure, he enjoyed some soup I made that had shrimp in it, but if given another choice, he'll skip the shrimp.

It's really too bad, because this shrimp is flavorful and delicious. I was also pumped that I didn't have to run to the store for anything, so I could stay in my PJ's...another loner day ritual.

Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Adapted from Skinny Taste

Ingredients
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Heat frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, and when hot, add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Simple, healthy and delicious! I think you should cook what you want to eat more often! Afterall, you are the resident chef. Love you. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...